Chikitsa – a term of Sanskrit
that means treatment in which herbal and Ayurvedic medicines
are included to help.
Chikitsa is one of the oldest systems of the world.
Mainly it is discovered in India and has developed over
several thousands of years in India through Rishi -Muni.
In United state and New Zealand, Chikitsa is considered as
substitution medicine and hold a whole medical system in its
Chikitsa is divided into three types:
1. Ekvidh Chikitsa
2. Dvividh Chikitsa
3. Trividh Chikitsa
- Dev vyapashray
- Yukti vyapashray
1. Ekvidh Chikitsa
- Parivarjan: in this Chikitsa it is suggested to quit excessive consumption of those things which can lead disequilibrium in your body such as yogurt ( dadhi). Excessive consumption of yogurt can cause kapha dosha and also diabetes mellitus.
- Nidanparivarjan: In this Chikitsa, we all be
acquainted with the causes or the factors that endorse asymmetry between the dhatu and mala,
dosha ultimately causing to samprapti of the disease.
2.Dvividh (two types)
In this type of Chikitsa some remedies are applied to the
special treatments. These remedies are as following:
This remedy is used to cure some particular diseases: Vyayam
(exercise), Upavas (fasting), Bhaya (fear), and Vismapan
(to perplex the patient)
This remedy is used to cure those treatments which are able
to restrain the reappearance of the illness.
This remedy is used to cure particular diseases.
This remedy is used to cure particular diseases but it is incapable to put off the return of ailment.
In this type of Chikitsa some special remedies are applied for deterrence of the ailment to preserve healthy body. Urjaskar is divided on the basis of purpose or usage into the two subsequent categories:
- a) Vajikaran
This is a remedy for sexual stimulations, it increases the vigor of sex into human beings. Vajikaran hand out as good aphrodisiacs and persuade an instant sagacity of enjoyable enthusiasm, by the side of with augmented fertile influential emissions even in an ageing human being.
- b) Rasayan
Rasayan remedies are associated with physiological and physical facets of health, these are also applied for rejuvenation.
3.Trividh Chikitsa (three-types)
- Dev vyapashray: Dev vyaparshay is an ancient form of chikitsa that is totally based of rebirth and birth (acts of the past). The main goal of this remedy to appeal to the God by gem therapy, chanting of mantras, expiation, pilgrimages, wear beads of Rudraksha, fasting and more.
Yukti Vyapashray chikitsa is the mainly often used way of Chikitsa includes of drug therapy.
You can get it through more three ways, namely
- Antah Parimarjan Chikitsa: It is applied as an internal use and can be additional divided into two dissimilar types:
- Palliative treatment
- Purification treatment
- Bahi Parimarjan chikitsa: It is applied as an external use.
- Shastra Pranidhan it is type of surgery, it is used when the chaos is because of a natural cause.
- Satvawaya: This remedy is usually treating mentally disorders. In case despair is by reason of fear, lust, exhilaration, anger, jealousy or gluttony then psychiatric therapy is meant at restoring the pessimistic emotions with optimistic.