To better understand the Ayurveda skin care concept, one
has to first understand the types of skin that anyone could
be experience and their causes.
If the Vata are the predominant Doshas in one's body, the
resulting effects are dryness of the skin, cold, rough and
also with fine pores and wrinkled.
When the Pitta Doshas dominate ones body, Ayurveda medicine
warns about the following results; the skin turns delicate,
fair and red toned with freckles, moles or acne while it will
even burn easily. Kapha Doshas will constitute to the moistening
and oiliness of the skin while it thickens it and tends to
provoke large pores.
Acne and Pimple natural herbal remedy theology
The three energies of the body, or as referred to by the Ayurveda medicine texts, the Tri-Doshas, will be the final aspect that decides whether or not acne and pimples make their appearance on the skin.
Alcohol together with tea, coffee and spicy or fried foods are amongst the worst enemies for the aggravation of the three Doshas. Also Ayurveda herb inscriptions suggest avoiding chemicals and pollution together with tension and stress, which are also of great hazard to anyone's skin.
Herbal remedies for the mentioned disorders
- 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder mixed with turmeric turned
into a paste by adding milk is a most efficient and beneficiary
- Also beneficial is a paste made from nutmeg and water.
- Ayurveda also suggests applying internally or externally a
cup of aloe-vera pulp twice a day. Avoid practicing internal
use when pregnant.
- Wash your face thoroughly before going to bed and apply a
paste made from 1 tablespoon of coriander juice mixed with a
pinch of turmeric powder.
- If pimples are your problem, then apply this natural herbal
medicine; apply a paste for one hour made out of 1 teaspoon
of cumin seeds.
- A paste of fenugreek leaves applied and then washed off with
warm water before bedtime prevents pimples.
Indian herbal medicine has taught us that the imbalance
of the Bhrajaka Pitta that is responsible for the skin's color
can cause other disorders except the obvious discoloration
of the skin, such as blackening and pigmentation.
The Bhrajaka Pitta is also constantly attacked by excessive
sun light, irregular eating and sleeping habits together with
food and drinks considered unhealthy by Ayurveda India for
Ayurveda care herbal skin remedies
- Grind five almonds and mix with 1 teaspoon of fresh cream and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this paste to the face and neck. Leave on for about fifteen minutes.
- Apply papaya juice, or mashed papaya, to the affected areas.
- Grind equal amounts of sesame seeds and turmeric in a small quantity of
- Water Apply to the face or discolored skin.
- Make a paste from basil (tulsi) leaves and water to use on the affected skin
The Vata Dosha responsible for one's ageing looks is naturally aggravated by ageing process but it is often caused prematurely by our habits and surroundings. The ageing process can never be withheld but still, Ayurveda products can slow down the process. On the other hand various natural herbal remedies exist to correct disorders caused by habits, irregular diets and our daily surroundings.
General remedies for ageing effects
- Massage face with either almond, coconut or ghee oil before going to bed.
- A face pack made from cucumber
- Apply fresh aloe-vera gel