Beauty Hair Care
eye care | foot care | hair care | mouth care | nail care | skin care
Dandruff The aggravation of the Vata
causes dry skin on the scalp, when this turns to fell flakes
it is referred to as dandruff, not only by Ayurveda medicine
but the world around.
- 1 teaspoon of camphor mixed to ½ a cup of coconut
or neem oil must be massaged into the scalp before going
to bed according to the history of herbal medicine inscriptions.
- Ayurveda herb theology also suggests a mix of 1 teaspoon
each of castor, mustard and coconut oil and again, massage
into the scalp.
Mix lemon juice with double the portion of
coconut oil and apply to the hair roots regularly.
Hair loss Improper or poor diet together with
exposure to excessive chemicals or cosmetics, are some of the causes
that result in hair loss. Hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety and
mental tension are equally harmful. Ayurveda Health Remedies
- Gently massage the scalp with coconut or almond oil daily for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Boil neem leaves in water. Cool, strain and rinse the hair with it.
- Increase green vegetables, salads, milk, fruits and sprouts in your daily diet herbal culinary involvements. Consume more proteins, milk, buttermilk, yeast, wheat germ, soya beans, whole grains and nuts.
Hair Turning Grey prematurely. Aggravation
of the Pitta Doshas, that may be caused by excessive consuming
of tea, coffee, alcohol, meat, fried, oily, greasy, spicy,
sour, and acidic foods will consequently cause the hair to
turn grey prematurely according to herbal medicines’
texts. Herbal Vitamins’ Remedies
- Apply the following herbal natural remedy made from 2-Tsp.
henna powder, 1-tsp. curd, 1-tsp. fenugreek seed powder,
1 tbsp. coffee, 2-tbsp. mint juice and 2-tbsp. basil juice.
Apply this paste to the hair for two hours. For a darker
color, leave this paste in for 3 to 4 hours. Hair must only
be washed with a natural shampoo (or a herbal product).
- Consume daily, some fresh grated ginger with honey.
Itchy scalp Aggravation of Pitta Dosha or more detailed; stress, allergic reaction to shampoo, air conditioning, pollution and central heating lead to an itchy and red scalp. Home Remedy in Ayurveda
- 1 teaspoon of camphor mixed with half a cup of coconut oil (store in glass container) and then massaged on the scalp before bed time makes a wonderful Ayurveda massage healing treatment.
- Grind some jasmine roots and mix with lime juice, then apply to wash the hair with.
‘Ayurveda India’ suggestion;
- Use natural shampoo or soap to clean the hair.
- Use amla (embilica officinalis), Shikakai (Acacia concinna) for washing the hair.
- Enhance oiling and massaging of scalp.
- Use coconut oil or mustard oil at least three times in a week.
- Use medicated oils like 'Mahabhringraj oil', 'Amala oil' and 'Arnica oil'. Put oil on the scalp and massage gently in the roots of the hair.
- Regular bowel process.
- Your diet should always contain green vegetables, salads, milk, fruits and sprouts. Also take more proteins, milk, buttermilk, yeast, wheat germ, soybean and vitamin A.
- Regular physical exercise.
- An Ayurveda preparation made from Bhringraj (Eclipta elba), Amala, corals, iron and black sesame seeds are of general benefit and even effective for stopping the hair from turning grey.
- Rub the scalp vigorously after washing the hair thus increasing blood circulation, consequently activating the sebaceous glands.
- Mix lettuce and spinach juice to drink to induce hair growth. The juice of alfalfa mixed with that of a carrot and lettuce is also good for hair growth.
- Daily application of coconut oil mixed with lime- juice is also beneficial. Green coriander leaves’ juice is also good to apply.
- Wash the hair with a mix of cooked Urad dal (black beans) and fenugreek (methi) 2 to 3 times a week.
- A paste of licorice made by grinding it in milk can be applied for bald patches due to its hair growth inducing effect. Lemon and black pepper turned into a paste, may also be applied directly on the bald patches.