The most common causes that induce a person into obesity
and over weight are the effects of irregular eating and excessive
In Ayurveda medicine texts, it is stated by Charak Samhita
that there are eight body types which are disease prone. Out
of the eight body types mentioned, an obese body is the most
vulnerable body of them all being subject to various diseases
Ayurveda health studies refer to obesity as
the state of the body when excessive deposition of fat occurs
in the adipose tissue.
All extra fats contained in the body will strain the heart
and kidneys together with the liver, but not only that, it
will even strain the joints like the knees and ankles.
All these tendencies result in obese bodies suffering from high
blood pressure (together with all the consequences this disorder
is responsible for), coronary thrombosis, diabetes, arthritis together
with gout, liver and gall bladder disorders.
A health herbal suggestion in order to avoid or reduce obesity consists of these main points to remember, namely; regular exercise and controlling your eating habits whilst keeping in mind to avoid anything with
An Ayurveda recommended diet for weight loss;
- Early Morning Glass of warm water with half a lemon and a teaspoon
- Breakfast Wheat or Mung bean sprouts accompanied by a cup of
- Mid morning A glass of pineapple, orange or carrot juice.
- Lunch Steamed / boiled vegetables or a raw salad containing
such ingredients as
- carrots, tomatoes, cabbage and cucumber. Otherwise you can opt
for whole grain bread or chapattis together with a glass of buttermilk.
This diet herbal solution gives you the opportunity to even have
another choice available for your lunch; roasted cumin seeds together
with coriander leaves, a pinch of salt and grated ginger mixed
- Mid-afternoon Coconut water, dry fruits, lemon tea, fresh vegetable
- Dinner Whole grain bread or chapattis, steamed vegetables, seasonal
fruit excluding banana and apples.
Home remedy in Ayurveda practices
- Consume more fruits and vegetables together with low
- Avoid using too much salt.
- Milk products and non vegetarian food should be avoided.
- A type of mint consuming is beneficial.
- Herbal nutrition herbs are always healthy and can be used
in different ways.
- Regular carrot juice consuming.
- Avoid rice and potato.
- A teaspoon of honey taken with warm water is also helpful
to reduce fat,
also if mixed with lime.